SAP BW on HANA Interview Question And Answers:
Q.What is the DIM ID?
Dim ids ink dimensions to the fact table.
Q. What is the time distribution option in update rule
This is to distribute data according to time; for example if the source contains calendar week and the target contains calendar day, the data is spit for each calendar day. Here you can select either the normal calendar or the factory calendar.
Q. What are the types of attributes?
Display only and navigational; display only attributes are only for display and no analysis can be done; navigational attributes behave like regular characteristics; for example assume that we have a customer characteristics with country as a navigational attribute; you can analyze the data using customer and country.
Q. What are the steps to load non cumulative cube?
- initialize opening balance in R/3 (S278)
- activate extract structure MCO3BFO for data source 2LIS_03_BF
- set up historical material documents in R/3
- load opening balance using data source 2LIS_40_S278
- load historical movements and compress without marker update.
- set up V3 update
- load deltas using 2LIS_03_BF.
Q. What is a transnational info cube?
These cubes are used for both read and write; standard cubes are optimized for reading. The transactional cubes are used in SEM.