SAP BOBJ Course Content
Introduction – SAP Business objects
Basics: (4 Days)
- Data Base Concepts
- Data Ware Housing Concepts
- SQL Query Writing
- BO R4.0 – (1 Day)
- What’s new in BO R4.0
- BI R4.0 Architecture
- Universe Design (11 Days) Universe on General System Data (Non Sap)
Day 01: Understanding Business Objects Universes.
- Unit 1: Understanding Business Objects Universes
- Using the Universe Development Cycle.
Day 02: Populating the Universe Structure.
- Unit 2: Building the Universe Structure
- Defining Joins in a Universe.
Day 03: Objects and Classes.
- Unit 3: Creating Objects
- Creating classes and objects.
Day 04: Crating a list of Values.
- Unit 4: Using List Of Values
- Working with LOVs in a designer.
- Creating a cascading LOV
Day5: Understanding the loops.
- Unit 5: Resolving Loops in a Universe
- Resolving the loops using Aliases.
Day6: Resolving the loops using shortcut joins.
- Resolving the loops using contexts.
- Unit 6: Resolving SQL Traps
Day7: Understanding SQL traps and universes.
- Resolving chasm traps.
- Resolving fan traps.
- Unit 7: Using Functions with Objects & Using Hierarchies
Day8: Using @Functions.
- Understanding the Hierarchies.
- Unit 8: Aggregate Awareness
Day 9: Understanding aggregate awareness and Universes.
- Applying aggregate awareness to Objects.
- Unit 9: Derived Tables and Indexes & Linking Universes
Day10: Using derived tables
- Applying index awareness
- Understanding linked universes.
- Creating links between universes.
- Unit 10: Securing Universes & Managing Universes.
Day11: Setting access restrictions on a Universe.
- Documenting Universes.
- Deploying Universes.
- Maintaining Universe.
Day 17: Universe on SAP BW DATA ---- 1 Day
- Central Management Console
Day 18 :
- Introduction to CMC
- Exploring different features in CMC
- How to Create and Manage Users and Groups
- Creating Access Levels
- Assigning Rights to reports, folders, universes, etc.
- Starting, Stopping, Enabling and Disabling Servers
- Scheduling the reports
Day 21 to Day 27:
- InfoView –
- How to Launch InfoView
- Setting InfoView Preferences
- Organizing Folders and Categories
- Web Intelligence Reporting –
- Introduction to webI Reporting
- Exploring Folders, Public Folders, Inbox, Favorties, Copy, Paste, Delete etc.
- Creating a Simple webI Report
- Exploring Properties and Tool bars
- Formatting Options
- Saving a report and its Options
- Export Options
- Viewing a report
- Modifying a report
- Query Properties
- Restricting the data
- At Query Level
- Using Pre-defined filters
- Applying query level filters (Simple and Complex)
- At Report Level
- Applying Sorts
- Applying Sections and Breaks
- Applying Alerters
- Applying Ranking
- Combined Queries
- Union, Intersect and Minus
- Applying Sub-queries at query level
- Represent data in different Tabular formats
- Graphical Representation of Data
- Using different Charts and Graphss
- Converting Tabular data to Graphs
- Creating Reports with Multiple Data Providers
- Merging data from Multiple Data Providers
- Multi Tabbed Reports
- Creating Formulas and Variables
- Using Functions
- String Functions
- Date Functions
- Number Functions
- Tracking Data
- Scheduling Reports
Day 28 to Day 33:
- Crystal Repots –
- Introduction to Crystal Reports
- Blank Reports and Templates
- Planning a Report
- Creating a Simple Crystal Report
- Formatting Reports
- Creating Formulas
- Organizing Data on report
- Applying Conditional Reporting
- Building Reports with Parameters
- Creating Cross-Tab Reports
- Managing Reports
- Creating Sub-Reports
Day 34 to Day 39:
- Xcelsius –(Dash Board Designer) 5 Days( Day 34 to Day 39)
- Creating a Model
- Creating a Connected Model
- Using Live Office in Xcelsius
- Using Crystal Reports in Xcelsius
- Creating a Dashboard using Universe
- Creating Dashboards with webI Report Data
- Exploring different
- Query As Web Services –
- Using Query as Web Service
- Configuring QAAWS
- Creating a Web Service Report using Universe
- Live Office –
- Introduction to Live Office
- Inserting Report parts from a webI document
- Using Universe in Live Office
Day 40 to Day 41:
- Migration & Import Wizard – 2 Days (Day 40 to Day 41)
- What is Migration?
- Introduction to Import Wizard
- Creating Biar File
- Taking Backup
- Restoring the Backup
- Server to Server Migration
- Universe Migration along with Access Restriction
- Writing Script for taking backup and restoring
- Real-Time Release procedure
Day 42 to Day 47:
- IDT (Information Design Tool) : 5 Days (Day 42 to Day 47)
Day 48 to Day 50:
- Real-Time Scenarios – 3 days (Day 48 to Day 50)
- Real-Time examples with best practices for
- WebI Reporting
- Universe Designer
- Biar Backups
- About Reporting requirements
- About Universe requirements
- Sample Reports and Dashboards